A Bit About Lanai

Lanai is unique among the Hawaiian islands for several reasons. First of all, there are no stoplights on the island and public transportation is run by the hotels. Ninety-nine percent of the population lives in Lana’i City. Since 2012, Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corporation, owns 98% of the island (the state owns the other 2%). Getting There Lanai Airport (LNY) – There are no direct flights to Lanai from the mainland, so you’ll need […]

Ten European Christmas Markets to visit this holiday season.

10 Beautiful European Christmas Markets

Winter in Europe is absolutely stunning. Imagine snow capped roofs along quaint cobblestone streets. Grand, tree-lined boulevards, lit up with twinkling lights. Cozy Christmas Markets where the gluhwein flows and the smell of gingerbread lofts through the air. Here are ten of Europe’s most beautiful Christmas Markets (in no particular order), plus a bonus one! Prague, Czech Republic Dec 2, 2017 – Jan 6, 2018 To me, Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in […]

First Timer's Guide to Oahu - Tips on where to stay, eat, and play.

First Timer’s Guide to Oahu

Until a few years ago, I’d never even wanted to visit Hawaii; I thought it was just a honeymoon/romantic vacation destination. When I got the opportunity to go to Oahu with my parents for a steal, I was in, but I wasn’t expecting it to join my top ten list or anything… I was wrong. Like, super wrong. I absolutely loved it. There is so much more to Hawaii than just honeymoons. The mountains are stunning, the temperature is […]